The continued interest in tiny homes shows the phenomenon once seen as a passing fancy is a strong part of the mainstream housing market, worldwide.
Even though the tiny home is not a new product; consumers still struggle with gaining accurate information. Frequently, so-called experts promote their opinions and agendas to the undoing of consumers. The tiny home industry is an area where misinformation and partial information are rampant.
Here is a guide to help your understanding of tiny homes as well as a guide to the tiny homes Fox Tiny Homes can build for you.
All Tiny Homes Are Not Created Equally
A pretty façade and a fresh coat of paint can disguise a structural nightmare. When you consider a tiny home, do not be overly impressed with a lot of flash or fast talk from builders. Instead, consider:
- The builder’s experience in the field of tiny homes. Not all projects are alike. Building a tiny home takes a great deal of skill and finesse. If someone is a licensed builder but has no hands-on experience with little houses, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Quality of their materials used in projects. Building a tiny home and skimping on quality building materials is a poor mix. Cutting costs by using sub-par products will never end well.
- Reputation and referrals. Do not be shy about asking for references. A good builder is happy to share their past projects and referrals from customers. Transparency is vital in building trust.
A Tiny Home Can Sit Anywhere
The notion of packing your little house and heading to wherever the road takes you is often pitched to consumers thinking about tiny homes. However, in reality, rules exist that determine where and under what circumstances you may park your tiny home.
You should double-check with the authorities governing your intended parking area.
There is a Tiny Home for Everyone
There is no doubting the popularity of tiny homes, the structures sparked a global movement. Tiny homes come with numerous positive factors such as,
- Low up-keep
- Environmentally friendly
- Energy efficient
- Simplified lifestyle
However, if you doubt if the tiny home lifestyle is right for you, you owe it to yourself to do more research and see tiny homes first-hand.
Fox Tiny Homes has a large selection of tiny homes that for you to consider. These are the three categories.
- A Predesigned Tiny Home – These tiny homes are ideal for customers who want a tiny home but prefer to allow experts to do the building. Our customers still have room to express themselves as far as details such as colours, finishes, and others.
- A Custom Designed Tiny Home – Our customers who have some specific ideas they want to feature in their tiny home often prefer this option. Our builders are still doing the construction, but the customer has more input.
- Pre-made Tiny Home Shells – Many of our customers enjoy the creative process as well as the construction involved in tiny home construction. For these individuals, Fox Tiny Homes will assemble the exterior walls, cladding, roofing, and siding. We also run electricity to the building. All of the interior design and finishing work is up to the customer.
Tiny homes are a great option for a growing number of individuals. If you are considering joining the tiny home movement, Fox Tiny Homes can help. Our experienced builders can answer your questions and give you a tour of the many tiny homes we have on-site.