As Western Australia’s grain farmers face what will likely be the second-largest harvest in a decade, it is incredibly challenging to find workers.
Projections of labour shortages that began in the early to mid-parts of 2021 are a significant challenge to this year’s harvest. Pandemic lockdowns and travel restrictions took a toll on the usual influx of workers. All across the seven million hectares of the Wheatbelt, farmers struggle to find enough help with the harvest.
Even though the problem is severe in Western Australia, staffing difficulties exist throughout Australia’s farming hubs. In what is shaping up to be a potential crisis that would stretch far beyond Australia’s borders, farmers are begging anyone who can come and work. The youngsters in the fields and the 80-year-olds driving trucks are a part of the thin line separating harvest from disaster. The alternative sees the devastating impact of crops rotting in the fields.
How Can Fox Transportables Help?
While significant parts of the problem are far beyond the control of a single company, Fox Transportables seek to do what is within their power to help ease the situation.
As professionals with years of experience providing seasonal worker accommodation, Fox understands the benefit of offering workers a safe and comfortable place to call home during harvest season.
Consider a lot of those who travel from farm to farm. Many seasonal workers choose to camp in substandard conditions. Others make do by sleeping in their cars.
Imagine the difference a clean bed, hot shower, and warm food can make in a time of high competition for limited numbers of workers. All things being equal, workers will waste no time choosing the job that offers basic amenities.
Why Choose Accommodations from Fox Transportables?
- Our Experience – Our team is tuned in to the needs of farmers looking for seasonal accommodations. We can show you your options and get your order started at our manufacturing facility right away.
- We are Environmentally Responsible – We strive to make the best use of sustainable elements sourced in an environmentally friendly way. We also manufacture our products in a facility built to operate at peak efficiency, so resources do not go to waste.
- Speed – At Fox Transportables, we have our manufacturing down to a science. Most of our work takes place at our manufacturing facility. So when we arrive at your site, our time is spent assembling the parts of your transportables.
- Flexibility – Our modular builds are customisable, and we can meet your needs quickly. Additionally, modifications are not a problem for our builders.
- Cost-Effectiveness – Because we offer you several options for customising, there are many ways you can keep costs low without sacrificing quality or comfort for your workers. For example, different finishes, detailing, or types of material can be adjusted to impact the price of your product.
- Available Second-Hand Stock – All clean and comfortable accommodations do not need to be brand new. At Fox Transportables, we have a selection of second-hand units available at a reduced price. Whether you want units for worker accommodations, kitchens, laundry facilities, or dongas, we generally have a number for you to look over. These units are cleaned and inspected for any possible problems before we deliver them to your site.
To successfully overcome this challenging time, everyone should help to the best of their ability. If you would like to learn more about the wide variety of new and second-hand worker accommodations or would like to arrange delivery of transportable units for your workers, reach out to us at Fox Transportables. You will be rewarded with the workers you need.