Adaptability is a necessity in our society. The school system is no exception. You may remember the days of blackboards, dusty erasers, and students’ desks placed neatly in a row facing the teacher’s desk. However, technology is changing more than teaching materials and how students learn. The know-how behind transportable classroom elements is changing the environment where Australian children learn.
It may surprise you to learn that Australia and New Zealand are at the forefront of school design across the world. More and more educators and other professionals are reinforcing the idea that the environment where children learn is an essential factor in predicting student’s success.
Problems of Overcrowding
There are numerous global studies that attest to the fact that when children and teachers are pushed together in an overcrowded classroom, learning is significantly impaired.
Several specific problems occur in overcrowded classrooms. These issues include:
- Discipline issues occur because the opportunity for interpersonal conflict increases as a classroom becomes more crowded
- The noise level climbs to unacceptable ranges which makes concentrating as well as hearing difficult
- Students have decreased access to technology and other equipment because there are not enough devices to go around
- All physical aspects in the classroom experience more significant strain and wear and tear because of the number of students using the same items in the same space
- Test scores decrease at the same rate that classroom numbers increase
- Students and teachers experience higher levels of stress and report lower levels of satisfaction
- A teacher who is badly outnumbered by their students becomes less directly involved in small groups or one on one sessions. We see how learning decreases along with test scores in these scenarios
- Anxiety levels and instances of students acting out frequently rise
- When faced with the additional strain of an overcrowded classroom, more teachers burnout and leave the profession which exacerbates the issue of overcrowding
How Can Fox Transportables Help?
Fox Transportables has years of experience working with schools to help create adaptable and expandable areas for schools.
Our school classrooms are a cost-effective way to ease the problem of overcrowding without the expense of adding to permanent school buildings. The units will fit where you need them most and give your school staff and students space to move and learn in comfortable conditions.
What Are Some Typical Uses for Transportable Units in a School Setting?
As with all of our transportable buildings, Fox Transportables used in the education sector offer options, so your school, staff, and students get the most out of the additional space.
Schools use Fox Transportable units in a wide variety of applications including:
- Administration offices
- Science lab facilities
- Nurse’s office
- Testing facilities
- Sports facilities
- Indoor playgrounds
- Young childcare facilities
- Multistory educational spaces
- Outside school care facilities
- School kitchen facilities
Is Using Transportable Buildings for Educational Purposes Common?
Yes, areas all over Australia use many varieties of transportable units. Because of population growth and shifting, more classrooms are necessary to make safe and comfortable learning environments.
Additional Details About Fox Transportables:
- Our experts know what can meet your needs and will listen to your requests
- We deliver and set up your units, so all you need to worry about is settling in with your items
- We can reconfigure our transportables to change and grow along with your needs
Fox Transportables is ready to assist you with any questions regarding educational transportables that you may have; our experienced staff knows how to help you meet the needs of students and staff throughout your school.
Feel free to contact the professionals at Fox Transportables and find ways to solve your problems with space for learning.