As populations increase, school districts must adjust their way of thinking regarding modular classrooms. In many situations, modular buildings are often the perfect solution when additional space is required, and the classroom is no exception.
You may still believe the old stereotypes about modular buildings. Fortunately, modular buildings have come a long way and scarcely resemble the prefabricated buildings from decades ago. Today’s modular buildings are:
- Stylish and Customisable – a far cry from the unattractive grey boxes of long ago
- Made of Top-of-the-line Materials – no cutting corners to save a few dollars
- Durable and Can Last for Many Decades – some types are temporary, but those must be designed to be short-term solutions
- Stable With Sturdy Flooring – no bouncing floors
- Climate-controlled – not excessively hot or cold because these are built with quality insulation
What is a Modular Classroom?
A modular classroom is a prefabricated building designed and built offsite and assembled on location per the school administrator’s instructions. These can be simple stand-alone structures or much larger buildings capable of dividing into classrooms. Modular classrooms are an ideal solution for problems with overcrowding. They are popular for use in educational settings since they shave a great deal of time off of a building project and keep costs under control.
Architects design modular classrooms to meet or exceed the building codes. They come with restroom facilities and accessible facilities. You will find the necessities of all school buildings, such as storage closets.
What are the Benefits of a Modular Classroom?
Modular classrooms offer several benefits to school districts, teachers, and students. These include:
- More available space in classrooms – Children respond and learn better in comfortable surroundings. An overcrowded classroom can easily turn into chaos, despite the educator’s best efforts.
- Modular classroom construction is less disruptive to the school than traditional construction. This allows students to concentrate rather than be distracted by the noise or sight of tremendous machines used in conventional construction methods.
- A quick turnaround time – While exact timeframes will vary, modular classrooms are typically completed in 50 per cent of the time it takes to complete a building using conventional construction methods. A significant amount of time is saved because modular classrooms do not have to contend with the unpredictability of a traditional building site. Weather and challenges with labour generally do not factor into the project.
- Customisable – Whether you need computer labs, traditional classrooms, or chemistry labs, you can depend on Fox Transportables to provide the spaces necessary for your students.
- Quality control is built in – Modular building manufacturers must adhere to strict quality control standards, including independent inspections. All the components made to create your modular classroom are standardised with the same guarantees.
Comparison of a Modular Classroom vs Regular Classrooms
Generally speaking, modular classrooms meet and often exceed the standards of traditionally constructed classrooms. When compared to classrooms built with conventional methods, modular classrooms:
- Are constructed much faster than classrooms built with conventional methods
- Can be fully customised, adding necessary elements based on the classroom’s use
- Are versatile and can be a single stand-alone or a 12-classroom building with a hall, office, several restrooms and a foyer
- Will cost less to build than those built using the conventional methods
- Are better from an ecological perspective because they are constructed responsibly. Many materials can be recycled or are already made using recycled components.
- Easily maintained and can last upwards of 60 years
- Can attach to existing buildings to enhance cohesiveness
- Are easily added onto if more space is needed quickly
All factors considered, modular classrooms are superior in many ways. This makes them an excellent (and cost-effective) solution for school districts that need more space for students as well as administrative professionals.
How Modular Classrooms Can Help You
As various suburbs experience considerable growth, school districts would do well to consider the impact modular classrooms could have on students and staff. Providing additional learning space is only one of the benefits of using modular classrooms. We can design them as office or administrative space, storage, or flex space to meet various needs.
Additionally, the savings you will see by choosing modular classrooms over traditionally built buildings will be substantial.
Fox Transportables offers a large selection of mobile classrooms. If you like, we can work with you on custom designs. Our modular buildings can solve issues of overcrowding within the education sector. We feature efficient construction timelines, flexible purchasing options, and as much customisation as traditional onsite construction. Contact us to learn more about the difference modular classrooms can make for your school system.